9 July 2012

SANKARASRAMAM

KARKITAKA VAAVU PITRU SMARANA


Performing  pitru karma ritual  on 18th July on Karkitaka amaavasy day by
all Indians including Christians, Muslims and Hindus is explained here
with mantras. This is meant for our forefathers and not merely for Hindus
only. You are expected to perform these rituals even if you have done the
last rituals for your forefathers in Rameswaram, Gaya, Thirunelli or
anywhere. These rituals are to be performed annually either on the day
(thithi) of death of our parents or on new moon day of Karkitaka month.
These rituals are simple which can be performed anywhere in the world
either on seashore, or even  in your own home. (correlate English words
with Sanskrit for getting correct pronunciation of each word. Do not
merely read the mantra letter by letter but chant with correct
pronunciation.

Keep a lamp  lighted keep it on your right hand side. Sit facing towards
south, in  front of the lamp. Keep nearer to you  little gingely/sesame
and little water.  Chant this manthra folding the hand as prayer!
Devathaabhya pitrubhyascha mahaayogeebhya eva cha
Nama swadhaayai swaahaayai nityameva namo namaha.
(= my pranaams to all gods, pitrus and great yogees and also for the
nature I offer my daily pranaams)
After this prayer take a little gingely and water in the right hand  and
chant the following mantra and offer in front of the lamp.

Thilodakam cha pindam cha pitrunaam parithushtaye
Samarpayaami bhakthyaa praarthayaami praseedame.

(=  I offer with devotion, dedication, and prayer,  this gingely/sesame
with water for the  pitrus  and request them to bless us)
With deep devotion pray folding the hand and remembering all those  whose
names are mentioned here below

Aabrahmano ye pitruvams’a jaataa maatusthathaa vams’a bhavaa madeeyaa
Vams’a dwayesmin mama daasa bhoothaa bruthyaa thadaiva aasritha sevakaascha
Mitraani sakhya pas’avascha vrukshaa drushtaascha adrushtaascha
kruthopakaara  Janmaanthare ye mama sangathaascha thebhya swayam
pindabalim dadaami

( In this world whosoever was born and passed away in my mother’s and
fathers’ clan In the last many  janmaas,  whosoever has worked as my
servants, helpers and helped me,  whosoever lived as  my friends and
colleagues and from whatsoever animals and plants I depended for the food,
whosoever helped me directly and indirectly at any time in my life , for
them I offer this pinda – )

Try to understand the meaning word by word by repeating this mantra) offer
a little bit rice on the lamp and pray for a few seconds.

Maathruvams’e mruthaayeshca pitruvams’e thathaiva cha
Guru swas’ura bandhoonaam ye chaanye baandhavaa mruthaa
Ye me kulay lupta pindaa putra daara vivarjitaa
Kriyaalopha hathaaschaiva jaathyandhaa pangavasthaathaa
Viroopaa aamagarbhaascha jnaathaa ajnaathaa kulay mama
Bhoomow datthena balinaa trupthaayaanthu paraam gathim
Atheetha kula koteenaam saptha dweepa nivaseenaam
Udakam dattham akshayyam upathishtathu

(=all those who were born in my mother’s family and also those who were
born in father’s family, all those who have taught me in my life, all
those who were born as my relatives,  and also others, those who were died
in my clan without getting pindas, all those who were died without wife
and children, those who did not believe in all these rituals and hence did
not perform  these rituals, those who were born as mentally and physically
challenged –disabled- and those who died in my mother’s womb due to
abortion,  those who were known to me and unknown to me, let their soul
attain permanent happiness and attain immortality through these offering I
make   here  with prayer.  Let all those who did good for others, living
and those who lived for many janmaas,  in the seven continents of this
earth, let them all enjoy a heavenly glorious life happily in the past,
present and future)

Give food, materials or offer help to any people , child, sick,
orphanages, hospitals old age homes or the needy in the name of your
father/ mother who are no more in this world. Always follow this helping
mission as long as you also live. For every action there is an equal and
positive reaction through pitru karma.
                                                                courtesy ;iish

No comments:

Post a Comment